Transport Driver Job Description
1. A Go Kid Go Transport Driver has two major responsibilities and job requirements:
- Drive as safely as possible at all times
- Pick-up and drop-off passengers on time, as defined by the daily route schedule
2. Transport drivers are also responsible for the safety, security, comfort, and general well-being of every passenger, from the moment an individual begins his or her approach to a Go Kid Go vehicle, to the moment when responsibility for that individual is transferred to a parent, guardian, or an adult supervisor; or when that individual enters his or her specified destination. If no parent or adult supervisor is present, and the child's destination is not the interior of a particular building or structure, the driver must watch the child until the driver believes the child is safe in his or her surroundings.
Other transport driver responsibilities include:
3. The safe, proper operation of Go Kid Go vehicles according to all applicable traffic laws and company standards.
4. Developing the knowledge and skills needed to provide consistent, reliable, on-time pick-up and drop-off of passengers at specified locations. This includes developing:
- Knowledge of the area's major and secondary roads and routes
- The skills needed to use a road atlas, maps, and the Garmin Nuvi 350 navigation device
- The skills needed to estimate accurately the travel times and distances between different locations at different times of the day, times of the year, and in various weather conditions
5. Direct customer contact, which includes face-to-face interactions and phone calls.
- An example of the former is “new rider” situations, in which a driver introduces him or herself to adult authorities at a passenger's pick-up or drop-off location.
- An example of the latter is calls made to adult authorities to inform them of unexpected delays due to weather or traffic conditions.
6. The highest standards of customer-service and customer satisfaction.
- This means doing whatever is necessary and appropriate to build and maintain positive working relationships with passengers, parents, school officials, employers, and all others with whom contact is made while transporting our passengers.
7. Communicating with other drivers and administrative staff.
- Driver should communicate information about passenger and vehicle safety, customer needs, the condition of a vehicle, changing road conditions or hazards, weather conditions, alternate routes, problems, opportunities, or any other subject that could have an impact on our passengers, or on Go Kid Go and its ability to meet its obligations and provide a safe, high-quality service.
8. Assisting with the on-going maintenance of Go Kid Go vehicles, most of which is performed by staff at area Scrub-A-Dubs or Girard's Service on Rawson Ave. in Franklin.
- Staff at these two facilities performs oil changes and the periodic replacement of fluids and filters, the checking and maintaining of lights and tire pressure, and the replacement of equipment such as wiper blades, belts, and bulbs.
- Drivers are responsible for taking vehicles through the Scrub-A-Dub automatic car wash. Each vehicle contains car wash coupons for this purpose.
- Drivers are responsible for helping to maintain the interior of the vehicles. This includes removing trash and vacuuming the floors and seats on a regular basis. They are also responsible for spot cleaning in some instances. Coins, cleaning supplies, and equipment are provided for this purpose.
- Drivers are also responsible for contacting the main office as soon as possible when a vehicle exhibits performance problems, incurs damage, or has special maintenance needs.
9. Knowing and implementing all Go Kid Go policies as they relate to drivers, passengers, customers, and vehicles and their operation.
10. The protection, maintenance, and advancement of Go Kid Go's reputation in the communities we serve.
Return to Job Opportunities